I was watching tv the other day and this guy comes on and says we all should have health care. Sure I think that everybody needs to to be able to see a doc if they need to but…
anyway he says that he's glad the people in the legislature have access to medical care and if he is elected he will tell them that. He then says that if they don't see to it that all of us are covered he will use his power as president to make sure that they will lose their coverage. That got me thinking. What power does the president really have. The president is empowered by the constitution to enforce the laws of the land. He has absolutely no power to make or change any law. How could any president take away any benefit for a legislator granted by some piece of legislation. Oh, maybe he would use his power as commander in chief to order the military to block their access to doctors, clinics or hospitals. I guess not. This reminded me of something I learned in a math class in college. The course was logic and by the rules of logic if a premise is false then any conclusion would be true. Since the premise is always false since the politician hasn't been elected anything he says, which follows, is a true statement. When are we Americans going to wake up and realize that these guys work for us. Not he other way around. They only have the power that we have given them to use to do what we want done.
Another thing what makes us think that we are less important than a spotted owl or snail darter or the great ooglebiter. (:b) I have lived long enough that I have seen so many of these crises come and then are never heard about again. I'm all in favor of, in fact I strongly urge, responsibility for and to this the only earth we have. But let's not go off half-cocked following anything or anyone who claims to have the solution. Some solutions are not solutions at all but a detour to greater problems. Let's look at the consequences of our actions.
Responsibility - Consequences; now there is something we can really ramble about.
I'll leave that for another time. Right now let's start to do something we don't usually take the time to do. I know it will take effort. But it will be worth it. THINK!
'Just do it'
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
general ramble 1
Labels:logic, ramblings, politicians, think
logic ramblings,
politicians,
promises,
think
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

i am happy that you got up at some dung foo hour to do this.
ReplyDeleteramblings of an old hag
mmm
I may be more or less(not) important than a spotted owl, but I am not more important than the CAT!
ReplyDeleteMMM